NASHVILLE ELECTRIC SERVICE – NES EXECUTIVE SEARCH FOR: Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer-CIO
The Nashville Electric Service (NES) is searching for a CIO (Reports to Exec VP & CFO):
- Who can be a Leader with technical knowledge and a track record of managing an Information Technology Department.
- The next CIO should be able to be a strategic planner and then have experience implementing strategic plans for organizations.
- The CIO should be knowledgeable to challenge the existing team of 5 high level division heads and 85 contracted IT staff.
- A manager who can implement IT changes and new systems and applications to improve the organization.
- Must be able to ensure the security of the Nashville Electric Service and all its infrastructure.
- Develop a Vision for the department and make it happen.
Outline of Responsibilities for Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer
- Plan, administer, organize, coordinate, approve and control functions relating to information systems, computer operations, telecommunication, and security systems.
- Manage contracts for outsourced IT Staff.
- Provide and develop overall guidelines for department functions, services, and staff.
- Develop annual work plans, staffing, and budget for information system projects and operations.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain effective internal controls.
- Determine technical environment to be used including hardware, database software, software develop and testing tools, etc.
- Keep data and networks secure from attacks and other disasters. Implement security functions and oversee security training, Monitor cyber security efforts and emerging security treats in the electric industry.
Qualifications for Position: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in information systems, technology, business or appropriate degree. Eight years of management experience in information systems, telecommunications, management information systems with a preference for utility/electric experience. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of information systems, computer operations and telecommunications techniques, theories, and practices. Proven ability to meet the needs of the position as listed above in a professional manner including analysis, decision making, and oral and written presentations.
The Nashville Electric Service has asked Randi Frank Consulting, LLC to assist in reaching out to additional candidates. The Consultant will review resumes and cover letters and forward the top candidates to the Executive Vice President & CFO for additional review via phone or video and then the Top Candidates will be called in for a face to face interview with the President/CEO and Management Team ( VP Engineering, VP Power Systems, VP Transmission & Distribution, VP General Counsel, and VP of Human Resources). The next VP Chief Information Security Officer will be appointed by the President/CEO and Report to Executive VP/CFO.
Salary Range of Position-Minimum $180,000, Midpoint $225,000, Max $270,000
If you are interested in this exciting information systems leadership position, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter immediately to: Ms. Randi Frank, Randi Frank Consulting, LLC., email@example.com. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
1. Description of your past leadership and mangement roles of a large IT/IS Department.
2. Description of your past experience developing a vision/strategic plan for IT/IS and your implementation of those plans.
If you have questions about the position feel free to contact Ms. Frank at 203-213-3722 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information packet that includes benefit package, job description, NES budget, Statistics about customers and system, job descriptions of subordinates, organizational charts.