Employee Benefit Study
Randi Frank Consulting, LLC conducted a Employee Benefit study for the Town of Glastonbury. Benefits were surveyed and reviewed from 10 other towns for non-union employees, police, public works and clerical employees.
- Average employee cost sharing
premiums for health benefits are between 13-18%.
- Average employee copay for brand name prescriptions = $9-$13.
- Average days of vacation earned for employees with 10 years of service = 17—20 days.
- Average educational incentive pay for police with Bachelors degree = $1,135.
- A number of towns have also eliminated longevity pay.
- Many Towns have eliminated defined benefit pension plans for new hires, and only allowing them to participate in defined contribution plans.