Our copyrighted Compensation & Classification System is built on decades of experience working in Municipalities and Human Resources. The designers used jobs commonly found in Municipalities to develop the foundation of a point-factor system for salary ranges.
Offices of the Town Clerk, Tax Collector, Treasurer, Public Works, Police Officers, and Building Official are found in towns with populations as small as 3,000. Jobs in these departments are considered benchmarks and can be compared to similar positions in other communities.
Characteristics such as size and geographic region may demand that Municipalities deliver a specific range of services – some of them not found in neighboring communities.
- A Town with a seacoast will need a Harbor Master to issue information to mariners, oversee the maintenance of navigational aids and coordinate emergency responses.
- Maintaining historic properties can be a priority for a community, necessitating a job to coordinate and liaison with Local, State and Federal boards, commissions, and agencies.
- Prosperous communities may fund a leading-edge library, offering film fests, lectures, high-tech support, and extensive community programs. Innovation is critical.
- Communities looking to encourage expansion could establish a Business Development role to influence legislation and develop integrated workflows in town departments.
- Providing basic services can include a local electrical service or water plant. The competitive employment market and required credentials of jobs in these functions may require both commercial and municipal salary survey data.
Our system takes all job dimensions into consideration. Levels of authority, impact on municipal services and credentials for common and unusual jobs, including marine biology, architecture, business administration and skilled trades, are fairly assessed.
Determining pay ranges within the context of a specific community demands impartial, experienced professionalism. Our practice of collaborative consulting includes conducting structured interviews, administering questionnaires, and applying logical decision criteria. We tailor each project to the priorities and unique features of the community and approach every challenge with confidence.