1. An accurate job description clarifies the expectations of a job, and whether a candidate’s qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
2. Job descriptions can be the foundation for creating job advertisements.
3. Job descriptions can serve as a very good place to start when developing interview questions.
4. Job descriptions can be used as the basis for training and career growth.
5. Job descriptions help to develop performance standards and set performance goals for performance review.
6. Job descriptions help to develop equitable and competitive compensation programs according to the skills, experience and abilities needed for the positions.
7. Job descriptions should be accurate and legally compliant to provide legal defense against discrimination.
8. Job descriptions should be kept up to date to ensure they reflect any substantive changes in the key duties.
9. Job descriptions should be clear and precise, both in language and description.
10. A job description can be helpful if a company has a non-performing employee.
See upcoming blog for more details on each of these tips –
Contact Ms. Randi Frank for a quote to review or draft your Job Descriptions.
Call Randi for help!
Ms. Randi Frank
Email: [email protected]