5. Job descriptions help to develop performance standards and set performance goals for performance review.
Examples of job description responsibilities are listed below, along with how they would be interpreted into performance goals that would be evaluated during an employee’s performance review.
Essential functions for a customer service representative:
• Answers customer requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, claims and reports problem areas via phone, email, mail or social media.
• Responsible for improving customer retention through programs and service provided to the customer.
• Improve customer satisfaction by 90% by the end of the year, as determined by customer satisfaction surveys.
• Reduce customer complaints about customer service by 20% by the end of this year.