2. Job descriptions can be the foundation for creating job advertisements.
Once you have a job description, you can create the job advertisement using the statement of purpose and qualifications as the main body of the advertisement.
For example, this advertisement was created by borrowing the statement of purpose and the qualifications from the job description for a Senior Administrative Assistant.
“The Senior Administrative Assistant performs complex and diverse duties in support of a work area or group of individuals. This position provides advanced administrative support for multiple programs and projects, and may also function as a high-level individual contributor or coordinator of multiple projects.
– High School diploma or GED
– Minimum of 5 years’ secretarial, office, or related experience
– Bachelor degree preferred
– Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access required”