Tip 2 – What type of projects can Interns handle?
In our last post we talked about why you should consider hiring an intern. In this post I would like to explore the types of projects that are ideal for an internship. Interns can handle any project that an employee can handle depending on the individual and the supervision provided
- Projects that include technology are often ideal since younger workers tend to be skilled in this area. This can include developing presentations in Publisher, Power Point or other software.
- Social Media updates are an excellent project as long as you provide some guidelines of what is acceptable on your various platforms.
- Content marketing is another option such as posting and writing blogs.
- Internet research is ideal for new projects, finding clients, researching the competition, or investigating product options related to your next purchase.
- Bookkeeping activities are great for accounting students
- Recording and analysis of data using Excel, Access or other data base systems
- Screening potential candidates for positions or other interns will allow the intern to learn about recruitment processes
- The list can go on depending upon your business needs
When I was an intern as an undergraduate I prepared an environmental assessment for a grant application and developed a comparison of Police Union contract benefits (before Excel) using the old green lined accounting paper. Twenty years later I completed both projects in my full time management position. Just be sure the tasks you need accomplish fit the interest and skill set of your intern.
Questions? Contact me today!