THE TOWN OF PLAINVILLE, CT
INVITES CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR
THE TOWN MANAGER POSITION
Plainville, originally a part of Farmington, was first settled in 1657 and incorporated as a separate town in July 1869. The town covers 9.6 square miles. It is located 14 miles southwest of Hartford and located between the cities of Bristol and New Britain. It has easy access to major state and federal highways in central CT. Being part of scenic New England, Plainville is not far from Boston, NYC, the ocean, and the mountains.
Plainville enjoys a diverse economic base which includes small, midsized and large manufacturers in Plainville enjoys a diverse economic base which includes small, midsized and large manufacturers including several spring and wire manufactures, electrical component makers, and many others. Plainville is also home to a number of medium and large sized construction firms (and quarries) that serve the State and region. Plainville is a Town with deep traditions in community and family. The Town is known as a welcoming place to live with lots of volunteers who are willing to help their neighbors.
With its growing economic base, Plainville remains a regional employment center, and not just a suburban community within the Greater Hartford area. This has allowed the community to enjoy a relatively stable financial base and to make prudent investment in municipal infrastructure and public education. Attracted by the employment base and good schools, a significant portion of the population has moved to the community and stayed. Plainville is a well-run municipality which provides great services to its 17,619 residents.
- Required Master’s Degree in public or business administration or a closely related field. With ICMA Credential Manager status or other executive level certification programs preferred. Minimum of five (5) years of responsible executive and management experience which provides a demonstrated ability to perform the duties of the position; or any equivalent combination of education and experience (such as Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience)
- Preference for experience with budget, planning for the future, operations, economic development, project management, municipal experience, Council relations, human relations, labor relations, and financial management
- Preference for manager that works with regional entities, other towns, state agencies and national and state professional associations
The Charter does list residency for Town Manager, but council will provide up to 2 years to meet requirement. The Town council will be pursuing a change on that aspect of the Charter as well.
Compensation and Application Process
Open and competitive beginning salary DOQ- ($160,000- $180,000) supplemented by an excellent benefit package.
- Benefits provided in accordance to Pay Plan—includes PPO Health Plan from CT State Partnership Plan for employee & family with 18% for premium share by employees—Defined Contribution Retirement Plan ICMA (401a) Employees contribute 6.5% and the Town contributes 9%
- 13 Holidays, 18 days of Sick Leave for a maximum of 150 days, 3 Personal Days plus negotiated vacation leave and attendance at professional conferences for Town Manager
Plainville is an AA/EOE employer
If you are interested in this position or have questions, please contact Ms. Frank at the address below before applying. To apply now for this great opportunity please submit your cover letter and resume to Ms. Frank. See Profile on Website or contact Ms. Frank for a copy
Ms. Randi Frank, Randi Frank Consulting, LLC, 7700 Hoover Way, Louisville, KY 40219
203-213-3722 [email protected] www.randifrank.com
Position will remain open until filled; first screening date is May 11, 2022. The Town is anxious to fill the position as soon as possible, so a quick response is strongly recommended. Ms. Frank will screen resumes as they arrive. Well qualified applicants will immediately be asked to complete a comprehensive supplemental questionnaire. Qualified candidates will be reviewed by the Town Council as soon as possible.