At Randi Frank Consulting, LLC, we love mentoring interns. We’ve worked with five interns this year, focusing on Business Development, Marketing, Communications, and Human Resources. Some of the tasks completed by our interns include:
- Creating letterhead, business cards, and brochures—and this newsletter!
- Developing a database system to keep track of contacts
- Maintaining an Excel spreadsheet of candidates applying for various positions
- Researching ways to communicate with clients through social media
- Drafting blogs on Human Resource topics for Randi Frank Consulting web site
I really enjoy working with interns—they give me a lot energy and enthusiasm for my business as I teach them about my company and the Human Resources field.
We’ve worked together on their resumes and preparing for other internships. Most of the interns work virtually, which requires a weekly meeting via phone and lots of emails or texts.
They have been teaching me more about marketing, social media, and best practices in business development, since my expertise is related to implementation of projects for my clients.
I served as an intern through my undergraduate and graduate school years and learned a lot from my mentors. I’m so glad I can serve as a mentor to these interns and give something back.