What is a Stay Interview and why would you use it? A Stay Interview is when you interview your existing staff to determine the following:
- Are they happy in their existing position?
- What can be done to make their job more rewarding so they stay with you?
- What type of work would they like to do or skill they would like to learn for possible promotions?
- If they are not interested in a promotion is there a way they can be rewarded financially for their added skill level?
- What employee benefits would make them stay rater then look for another job?
Why would an agency do a Stay Interview? There are many reasons, these are some of them:
- You want to let the employees know you value their work and want to help them advance.
- You don’t want to deal with the constant turnover that can affect the performance of the unit and cause low morale and lots of retraining
- You don’t want to lose your good employees to your competitors
- You want to know what you can do to improve the work environment
This is an excellent process to use for your succession planning also – See blog on succession planning.