New Milford – All the benefits of a vintage New England lifestyle that few Connecticut towns can still offer. As the largest town in the state, (64 square miles), New Milford offers a broad range of housing options, recreational activities and business locations while retaining working farms and plentiful open space. Close to commercial centers such as Danbury, Stamford, Hartford, White Plains and New York City. New Milford has successfully retained the small-town charm that’s missing from most modern suburbs.
Superintendent reports to Sewer Commission and Mayor—Plans and supervises the operation and maintenance of a Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Plan including supervising all operators and office staff.
- Supervise plant operations, assure proper adjustment of plant processes, coordinate sampling operations to assure proper balance of treatment steps and meeting effluent requirements, and ensure the proper conduct of laboratory tested performed by operations staff
- Ensure compliance with New Milford Water Pollutions Control Sewer Use Regulations and establishes schedules & methods of facility operations, policies and procedures
- Evaluate operations and recommend improvement and modifications for efficiencies
- Prepare budget estimates for Sewer Commission approval –monitor & control expenditures
- Manage, select and train staff and recommend performance improvements or discipline
Qualifications: Graduation from High School or GED certificate with additional specialized training in wastewater treatment operations or a directly related field including 4 years of increasingly responsible experience in wastewater treatment plant operations including 3 years of supervisory or lead responsibility. Must possess a valid CT Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate or equivalent from another State. Valid Driver’s License (obtain a Class IV Wastewater Collection System Operator’s License within 3 years). Associates Degree or Bachelor’s in appropriate field may substitute for experience and assist with certification. All out of state candidates must get initial approval from CT DEEP that they meet the requirements for a reciprocal Grade IV WWTP certification.
The starting salary for this position is negotiable depending on qualifications & experience – (Salary Range-$ 100,000 -$120,000) plus excellent benefits. EEO/AA. Deadline June 22, 2018. Interested applicants please send your confidential resume and cover letter to:
Ms. Randi Frank, Randi Frank Consulting, LLC
SLAVIN MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
3040 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite A-1
Norcross, GA 30071
Phone: (770) 449-4656
Fax: (770) 416-0848
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECRUITER