Town of Southbury, CT
The Recreation Division has just recently become part of the Community Services Department which includes: Social Services, Senior Services and Recreation which are located in the Community Center Building.
- Overall operation and scheduling of Recreation Programs and special events
- Oversee and serve as liaison with basketball booster club and coordinate with youth sport leagues
- Administer online recreation scheduling software
- Hire summer Camp Director and oversee registration, programs and hiring of counselors
- Coordinate and supervise Aquatics Program by hiring the Aquatics Director and aquatics staff
- Prepare and oversee the recreation budget and set fees to cover appropriate costs
- Attend Parks and Recreation Commission meetings to provide advice
- Supervise: Recreation Specialist, Administrative Assistant, Camp Director, Aquatics Director, part-time and seasonal staff, as well as volunteers
Minimum qualifications require a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or Leisure Services plus two years of related experience; or a combination of experience, education and training. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Municipal Recreation Department experience with summer camp and aquatic programs preferred.
The starting salary for this position is negotiable depending on qualifications & experience (Salary Range: $35,300—$52,400). Southbury is an EEO/AA/Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open till filled with first screening Deadline of March 10, 2015.
If you meet the qualifications and want to be considered for this challenging position in the Town of Southbury please mail/email your resume and cover letter immediately to:
Ms. Randi Frank
Randi Frank Consulting, LLC
7 Promontory Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.