16. Why do organizations need Human Resources systems and policies? – Because they ensure fair practices and without them you could be sued for discrimination, sexual harassment, etc. – see tips on Sexual Harassment Prevention, for example.
17. It is critical that all organizations have an employee manual that is updated regularly. Clear, documented policies provide the framework for maintaining a work environment that is respectful and complies with labor laws – see tips on Why your business needs a HR expert
18. If you want to retain your great talent you need to make them feel welcome on day one and remind them how important they are to your organization, your mission, the people you serve, and other employees. High performers often burn-out. Stay Interviews can assess if employees are engaged and still happy with their work – see tips on stay interviews
19. Another method to keep your talent is to help them take on leadership roles, which includes providing training and guided experiences in being a supervisor or project leader. Develop a succession plan to identify your next leaders – see tips on succession planning
20. If you are selected to be that new leader, you need to understand what will be expected of you and what resources are available to help you succeed – see tips on new leaders/new executives